Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Paradise Found

We finally arrived in the Bahamas after a two-hour flight delay. For the second time this trip, our plane was decommissioned because of maintenance problems, and we had to wait for another. The plane was a small Gulfstream, with one seat on each side of the aisle. Lynn and I had a front row seat for watching the pilot in the cockpit.

From Eleuthera, we took a water taxi. I'm not sure what comes to your mind, but this wasn't what I had envisioned. Here's me next to a bag of onions in the back of a very ordinary runabout.




















We seem to have brought good weather with us. After settling in at "Sitting Pretty," where we posed for a family picture on the deck, we had a great time "meeting the parents" for dinner at "Farcliff," a house the Lowes have owned for 26 years.

Roosters roam freely over the island, and a very persistent one served as my alarm clock this morning... much earlier than my body was ready to be up and about. But, I'm told "island time" is very relaxed, so I'm sure there will be time for a nap later today.

No comments: