Sunday, September 26, 2010

Time to Remember

This week marks 14 years since Mom went home to be with the Lord. A couple of months from now will mark 29 years since Dad did the same. I have now survived Mom almost as long as she survived Dad. It doesn't seem nearly as long. Funny how the passage of time can seem so different.

We're studying about family and God in our Ladies class this week, how the Jews spent time talking with their children about God and their history as his chosen people. I'm glad that God was important to my parents and that they instilled in me a desire to know Him.

God remains the constant in my life. My parents weren't perfect in their knowledge of Him, but He knows me perfectly. And that is enough. Thank you for being the sustaining Presence in my life, Father God.

No comments: